Dual Cap Catheters
The DualCap System™ is a uniquely designed disinfecting cap system for use on both the male luer connector at the end of the IV tubing and the needle-free valve. The DualCap System consists of two caps designed to help prevent intraluminal contamination, as well as device cross-contamination, especially important for IV catheter use over extended dwell times.
The DualCap System not only provides built-in disinfection, but protection that comes from a secure connection
- Both caps contain medical-grade sponges saturated with 70% isopropyl alcohol (IPA)
- Both caps feature an easy-to-grasp, hold and twist tapered design that fits tightly and securely
- Designed by infusion nurses, for nurses the Light Blue and Dark Blue DualCap® contain 70% isopropyl alcohol to disinfect and protect IV connectors between uses
- Durable IV Pole Strips™ are designed to withstand handling from the supply room to the bedside, supporting adherence and sterility efforts
- Each cap is individually attached and sealed to help prevent accidental opening, disinfectant loss, or contamination
- In 30 seconds, the DualCap System™ disinfects the male luer connector and needle-free valve and provides a physical barrier to contamination for up to 7 days under normal conditions if not removed
- The only cap for male luer connectors that blocks 70% IPA from entering the patient’s bloodstream with a sealing cone that prevents it from entering the fluid path
- Luer-tapered wall and full-threaded design ensure a secure fit on needle-free valves. Rod creates biasing force ensuring a tight seal against opening of the male luer connector.
- Smooth surfaces prevent caps from snagging and protect skin from irritation. Large grip surface enables easy handling and attachment to IV connectors.
- 350 per case